I am looking for VPS (バーチャル・プライベート・サーバ) in Japan with Debian 5.0 Lenny.
I need 512MB RAM.
Anyone know where I can get VPS like that?
- 1: チーズケーキ(8.1.2) ： 2009-12-28 08:27
- you could google "vps debian サービス" before asking.
- 2: 口コミさん ： 2009-12-28 08:30
- There are a bunch of them... Enter "VPS サービス" into Google, and et voila! :-) You can then ask them around to see if they offer VPS w/ Debian 5.0 w/ 512mb ram installed.
- 3: 口コミさん ： 2009-12-28 08:32
- oops... someone just beat me to the punch! haha... ;-)
- 4: 口コミさん ： 2009-12-28 08:33
- I am asking because I already did Google and many companies have only VPS with CentOS.
- 5: 口コミさん ： 2009-12-28 08:37
- I don't know much about those services, but I could find some like you want.
BTW, do you speak Japanese?
I wonder that why do you need the server in Japan.
- 6: 口コミさん ： 2009-12-28 08:43
- ひろーさん, thanks!
I do speak Japanese a little (still learning).
I am much better with talking/listening then writing/reading.
I need VPS in Japan, because I will be hosting Japanese website and I have also another projects that are related with Japan :)
- 7: 口コミさん ： 2009-12-28 21:05
Why do you specify the linux distribution?
I mean, it looks there is no reason that you spcify only Debian linux.
If you just want to host a web service, I suppose it doesn't matter what distribution you use....
Do you have any reason that you have to use Debian?
- 8: 口コミさん ： 2009-12-29 02:45
- 6: ダニエルさん:
> I need VPS in Japan, because I will be hosting Japanese website and I have also another projects that are related with Japan :)
A website in Japanese can be hosted even the server is located anywhere. And you can control your dedicaded server via the Net from anywhere.
There is no difference where the server is.
Or do you sometimes need to visit the server center and operate your server directly by hand?
- 9: 口コミさん ： 2009-12-29 16:44
- やまさん: There are many Linux distributions so people can choose their favorite one, the one which suites best their interest, etc. Going with your way of thinking, we all could just have the ultimate one Linux, thank God we have many.
しまでんさん: Of course Japanese website can be hosted anywhere in the World, but I guess that if Japanese website is hosted in Africa, it will lag a little.
I chose http://www.willnet.ad.jp/ , VPS is working very good.